Today, we finished up Day 1 of the Challenge. (For info about the challenge, you can view Dirty Diaper Laundry's site and my blog post from yesterday.) Since I work full-time, I did not handle any of El's daytime diaper changes. We did start the challenge last night, though, with a flat padfolded into a Diaperaps cover. I realize now that this cover wasn't included in the limit of 5 that I posted about yesterday but since it wasn't technically used for the start of today's challenge, I think this still adheres to the rules of the challenge.
I was planning on doing diaper laundry in our washer/dryer last night but only saw about 2-3 diapers in the pail. I'll just go ahead and wash those together with the flats this week, as they were a couple of pocket diapers with flats as inserts.
Although I had emptied El's diaper bag and packed only flats preloaded into PUL (waterproof) covers, I hadn't let my mom know about our participation in the challenge. When I went to pick her up today, I saw one dirty pocket diaper in her wet bag and El was wearing a pocket diaper. These were probably ones left at her house. I changed her soon after into a flat and cover.
This evening, I tried to have Hubby film me changing El's diaper but she was too busy playing and was resistant to me changing her. Instead, I decided to show you all how easy it is to "preload" a flat diaper into a cover. I hope to be able to film and post a video each day.
Padfolding a Flat Diaper into a PUL Cover
Check out other bloggers participating in this week long challenge!